Membership is a non-salaried, non-tenure eligible faculty joint appointment within the School of Mining and Mineral Resources (SMMR). Members are interested in promoting the education, research and innovation mission of the SMMR and the University of Arizona. These appointments recognize, encourage, and advance collaboration between educators and researchers in areas related to mineral resources at UArizona.
In addition to recognition as an SMMR Faculty Member, members will also enjoy priority use of shared resources, equipment, and services, including:
- Marketing and communications support to
- help promote member research
- help promote member education initiatives
- Assistance in
- development of relationships between SMMR members and external partners
- event planning as appropriate
- Support for minerals-related education development, promotion and management for
- graduate and undergraduate courses and curricula
- professional development programs
- undergraduate research initiatives
- Ability to apply for
- interdisciplinary seed grants
- graduate student support
- Opportunities to participate in
- collaborative research projects
- SMMR-sponsored programs and events
- Must be a faculty member or research scientist with primary appointment(s) in the University of Arizona, or invited Designated Campus Colleagues holding active appointments at the University of Arizona
- An active research and/or teaching program and commitment to interact with other University of Arizona faculty, researchers and staff in multi-and interdisciplinary projects
- Members are expected to contribute to the education, research, and service activities of SMMR (activities may include: serving as a guest lecturer, presenting at seminars, mentoring, collaborative grant writing, conference participation, engagement in networking and outreach events and tours, and other efforts that support the activities and goals of SMMR)
- Membership also requires approval of the applying faculty member’s home department head
- Memberships reviews and renewals are conducted every three (3) years and request an updated CV/Biosketch, photo, and impact statement.
If you have questions about SMMR membership or the application process - please contact Jodi Banta (email@example.com), Program Manager, School of Mining and Mineral Resources. Please include “Membership” in your subject line!